I’m an independent freelance analytics engineer having provided BI solutions to over a dozen clients across fintech, e-commerce, and healthcare.
I help businesses through three main professional services: analytics engineering, technical blogging, and go-to-market strategy.
I select and implement analytics infrastructure to make data-informed decision making as easy as possible. I have particular expertise in Looker and dbt, but am also official partners with tools like Snowflake and Fivetran.
Selected past work:
- Developed an 18-input daily user unit economics model, automating financial reporting and enabling LTV analysis to understand the true value of different product features
- Spearheaded the adoption of dbt and Looker for a Series D fintech client, significantly improving reporting consistency while driving down time to code merge by 90%
- Designed and created a last touch attribution model and associated dashboards, enabling marketing to assess ROI of $1M / month spend down to the user-campaign level
- Standardized business and product metrics such as loan volume and missed calls, providing a trusted analytics platform for >500 weekly active users
- Collaborated with product, finance, and content on an A/B test for sleep music search ranking, demonstrating we could drive traffic to Spotify-owned properties and save up to 1% on gross margin without impacting the user experience
Companies: Spotify, Better, Current, Findigs, Seatgeek, obe Fitness, Clearcover, Miles Partnership
I contribute to businesses’ public blogs to help them establish credibility, especially among other data professionals.
Companies: Spectacles, Datafold, Water & Music
I advise startups on their go-to-market strategy with an emphasis on content strategy (e.g. blogs, podcasts, influencer marketing). In addition to my data background, I have a strong user and market research background that enables me to take a qualitative and quantitative hybrid approach to identifying new market oppotunities.
Companies: dbt, Deep Channel, Supergrain
I’m actively involved in the greater data and analytics community as a way to keep up to date with the latest trends and maintain a strong network.
Selected community work:
- Personal blog: 3 ways to deploy dbt
- dbt Coalesce 2020 talk: Kiro dreams of data
- Analytics Engineering Roundup feature: Explaining conversion rates
If you’re looking for analytics engineering, technical blogging, or go-to-market contract work, send an email to email@example.com and we can connect!